About & Fees
Donna Ward is a writer, editor, and publisher. She holds two degrees from the University of Western Australia: a Bachelor of Arts in Classics, Ancient History and Economics, and a Bachelor of Social Work. Throughout the 1980s and into the 1990s she worked in social policy development, welfare program design, implementation and management before she changed careers and set up a psychotherapy practice and management consultancy.
In the late 1990s she turned her talents to creative writing, editing and publishing when she established and edited the literary journal, indigo, the journal of Western Australian creative writing, and later the online poetry magazine, Sotto. Moving to Melbourne in 2011, where she now lives, she founded the nationally respected micro-publishing house Inkerman & Blunt.
Throughout her life she has written reports for significant welfare and educational organizations such as the Brotherhood of St Laurence, Prahran City Mission, RMIT, Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne, and many community based and small non-government organizations.
Her fiction and personal essays have been awarded internationally, and appeared in literary journals nationally and internationally such as Southerly and Island magazines, as well as the Huffington Post, and The Big Issue. Her memoir will be released by Allen & Unwin early in 2020.
Fees vary according to each project.
- All initial conversations are free.
- Consultation & Advice is priced at an hourly rate with a minimum fee of $180 for two hours.
- Brief Projects & Emergency Word-doctor services are priced at an hourly rate with a minimum fee of $150. Emergency Word-doctor may carry a 5% premium for a fast turn-around if delays on other projects occur. This will be discussed during consultation.
- Substantial Projects, such as the development and presentation of reports, are priced according to the scope of the project, and with consideration of client’s budget. Initial consultation and quotation is free.
- Editing Programs are negotiated according to the industry standard depending manuscript length, number of editing rounds, and extra consultations. Currently you can expect a package between $3,000 & $5,000.
- Ghostwriting Services are negotiated at industry standard and the fee will reflect the client’s ambition for the book and available budget. Currently the industry standard is between $10,000 & $15,000. A percentage of royalties for sales over $15,000 will be negotiated within author/ghostwriter agreement.